Upgrading my Rouge Cronus 11 to what?

Looking to upgrade my Rogue Cronus integrated to a something like a VAC Sigma 170i IQ  I like is the holographic sound of tubes and the Cronus has some of that but would like more,certainly if there are other options would be open to hear them.

Im running a Yggy dac with some LSA statement bookshelf speakers in a small room 17 x 16 ft and listen mostly to digital with all genres but usually Rock.

I have tried some other SS amps that left me a bit cold like the Devialet 200 so Im a tube guy I guess 

Thanks.

carlukok

With that budget you can pick up an awesome integrated. Depending how much power you need. ARC has a nice tube integrated. 

Also…SS units…Something like Pass Int-250 or Luxman 509 or 590. Next level. Huge step up! And no hassle with tubes. 

Oh and IMO no tube rolling on CMII will get you to that level. 

Another option is to look into separates if you insist on tubes in example, a used Audio Research Ref5 or Ref5SE tube preamp. Pairing that with a good solid state amp like Pass Labs (Class A or A/B) or even ARC’s own Ref75 tube amp will give you what you are looking for. 

I went from a Cronus (which I liked) to the Anthem STR. Superb in every way.

Yes Avanti1960 the Bugle Boy was hard to get but was my pick too. After reaching out to Brent jessie I installed a Mazda grey plate in the 12AU7 I believe that has a largest effect on sonics but may well do the others as I will move it over to my other rig.

So many choices what fun this hobby is eh? : )