Upgrading from my Rotel RCD-1072

I am contemplating upgrading my current CDP - a Rotel RCD-1072. This CDP has been a very good CDP for the $$ spent but I am in the upgrade mood. I am considering a Rega Saturn (if I can still get the trade up program) or the Bryston BCD-1. I have listened to both at my dealer and they both sounded similar. Looking for some reqal world users comments or suggestions please. Thanks so much; God Bless our troops and those working in the coal mines.
miner42
Miner,

I have not heard the two players you are contemplating, but I guess it would be hard for anyone to provide any feedback without knowing what it is you are trying to improve and what the rest of your system is.

FWIW, I own an RCD-1072, and while my next upgrade will be the preamp, next up I'm thinking of adding a DAC and use the Rotel as a transport (and toy with computer as a source). Are you ruling this option out?

Horacio
Yes, definetly take it in and listen to it next to the units you may purchase. That's what I did when I purchased my RCD-1072 back in 2006. I brought in an older NAD player and I could clearly hear the difference in detail particularly in the high frequencies. I'm also thinking of upgrading. Please let us know which way you go.
I upgaded my RCD 1072 with a Rega Apollo and the difference was easily disernable, even the wife and kids heard the difference. More bloom, seperations of detail and soundstage.
the rotel's well regarded as a transport--have you considered keeping it and adding an external dac? you're likely to get upgraded performance for less $$$$
I suggest you take your Rotel player to your dealer and see if it also sounds similar to the two you're considering before spending the big bucks.