Upgrade to my system - Speakers maybe

I have been a long time reader, first time I am posting.  This will be my first upgrade in a while..  Other than Roon it has been like 6 or 7 years since I bought anything other than a Sonos for a bedroom.  

My current system is:

Rega P3-24 w/ Elys2
Rega Brio R
Marantz NA7004 Network Player
Revel Performa3 M106s with Revel stands
Sunfire HRS 8 Subwoofer
Streaming from a Mac via Roon

Room is 13' x 20' with 8' ceilings.  

Not sure if I should get book shelf speakers or bigger speakers.  They need to take up same amount of space.  Speakers now are like 3' from the back wall.  Size needs to be about the same.  I will be too close to the speakers if they are out any further.  

I listen to everything except hip-hop and country.  This is audio only.  I have a separate home theater. 

My budget is $6-7K. Maybe more if I can sell the Revels.  I can go higher if something wows me but I don't want to.  I did listen to one speaker, the Revel 126BEs.  Seemed like the obvious choice.  Way too metallic sounding.  I hated them.   

sunujing
@mesch Thank you!  Had some from hanging crap for my kids birthday.  Works perfectly

@steve59 The guy from Verdant was pitching AVM as amplification.  I am opposed to tubes and want SS but don’t know this brand.  Do you have any thoughts on AVM vs Hegel?  Wouldn’t do it till next year but it is always nice to have a plan.  

@audiokinesis styling does matter and this is a better fit for me.  Glad I learned about your speakers though.  Cool designs.  Thank you.  
Sunujing wrote:  "Styling does matter and this is a better fit for me.  Glad I learned about your speakers though.  Cool designs.  Thank you. " 

I appreciate your feedback, and agree with your opinion that styling matters.  My one current design (the round-wooden-horn Gina) which might have scored well in that area is outside your price range.  

Also BIG congratulations to @verdantaudio on what is obviously an excellent-sounding design that does not trade off styling! 

Duke
Sorry, can’t say anything about the AVM components. The reason I brought up the hegel was because of the profound effect they had on some older revel’s I owned, though if you had an opportunity to demo one with your existing speakers you might decide to keep them. That ship has sailed so take your time getting the components right with the new speakers. Bring your dealer a coffee cake, take home a demo for the weekend.