Upgrade to Macintosh MA7000 or Luxman L507u?

Now using Musical Fidelity A5 paired with Vandersteen 2ce Signatures. A5 a little bright to me, plus would like headphone amp and tone control which A5 lack. Aware Vandys have tone controls but generally don't tweak them too often. My looking led me to McIntosh and Luxman. Given that I really don't think the speakers are the problem, what are people's comments on these two integrated's? (Budget is around 8k. I love Brahms, Beethoven, Radiohead, Miles Davis, REM.)
soloserv

Showing 1 response by glenfihi

Don't think you could go wrong with either one. The Luxman having both MC and MM phono , the Mac just MM. The Mac has twice the power. Perhaps not big factors in any case.
Having the McIntosh MA6600, the integrated model just below the MA7000, can only say I love it. I have all but retired my tube integrated as I love the sound of the MA6600 so much. In my quest the Luxman and Accuphase were on my list as well. The availability for auditions for the McIntosh and my long desire for the brand among other factors made my choice more the right for me.
Good hunting, post your choice.