Upgrade power cord for MC 275 and c2300?

Dear all,

I have a MC275 and c2300. I never looked into upgrading the AC cable, because I figured a company like McIntosh would only use very good AC cables on these products. However, I am now thinking that McIntosh knows that audiophiles are going to want to choose very particular high-end AC cables no matter what, and therefore don't include high-end stock AC cables. Which theory of mine is correct? More importantly, if the latter is correct, I would appreciate recommendations for a good after-market cable.
elegal
You'll be shocked. Then with high quality outlets (I use Furutech) such as Porter Ports, etc, you'll have sound never imagined before. I also forgo any conditioning.

The typical wall outlet is on a circuit with other outlets and possibly lights. A licensed electrician would install a dedicated line by adding a breaker to the box, running wire from that breaker straight to an upgraded wall outlet with no connections in between. It's a good idea to do at least 2 with breakers on the same side of the box. IMO, I would use 20 amp breakers, 10 gauge wire, and 20 amp outlets, but not hospital grade, as these are usually plated.

Here's a good article about the benefits,

http://www.stereophile.com/features/991ac/

As the article states, it is very cost effective for the improvement in sound quality.

Power cords can definitely make a difference, however if you don't have a dedicated line/lines and upgraded AC outlet, I would do this first.