Upgrade Internal DAC of Node or go with Atoll ST120.

Looking at upgrading to a external DAC for my Bluesound Node or picking up a all in one streamer/dac like the Atoll MS120 or ST200 or another brand all together. My price for all in one would be around $1500 and DAC only would be $1000. I stream via Qobuz. Big question would be what option between these two would sound best. 

128x128temmple

Showing 8 responses by temmple

I am thinking about the Aune X8 with upgraded PS to go with the node. I have a Draco DAC but that has started to fail after just a few months of use. 

So now my list looks like this:

--DAC/Streamer Options—

Atoll MS120 or ST200

Lumin D2

--DAC only with Node—

Soncoz SGD1

Aune X8

The Lumin D2 is now on the list as well as the Soncoz SGD1

So many options. 

The R26 was on my list but not much info on the built in streamer. DAC is supposed to be pretty amazing for the money though.

Any input on what setup on my list would sound best? Prefer a more neutral sound.

--DAC/Streamer Options—

Atoll MS120 or ST200

Lumin D2

--DAC only with Node—

Soncoz SGD1

Aune X8

Ares II

I am really trying to decide between the Lumin D2 and the Atioll ST200 but hard to find any comparisons online. 

One last shot here before I pull the trigger.

Lunen D2 or Node with Denefrips AresII DAC? Just looking for the best sound quality.

What streamer options are you looking at? Thinking I might go with the ifi zen streamer if I go the Ares II route but the Zen streamers does not have proper Qobuz integration so not sure. I am now thinking about ditching Qobuz for Tidal because of this issue. Wish Qobuz would step up to the plate and offer a connect feature like Tidal and Spotify do.