Upgrade from WIlson Sabrina

I have a small room approx 14'x12'x 8.5' well treated with GIK acoustics panels.  Currently using the Sabrina's (not x).  Considering the Talus from YG acoustics, mainly because it is sealed. and may integrate better. Unfortunately since I am located in India, auditioning is almost next to impossible as dealers only bring in equipment on order - they usually only have the top of the line model for demo.  Would appreciate any feed back.  I love the Sabrina's and the x is a logical choice, but being ported, I am experiencing some room node reinforcements (mitigated somewhat by pulling the speakers forward by 4'), so am considering sealed options. Magico is not sold in India.

TIA - Cheers,

Sid

sidvee

@barry2013, thanks, I will look into Carmel2. Very difficult to find used in India, and if one imports the cost of shipment plus customs will make it close to new.

Cheers,

Sid

My room is 11.5 x 11.5 x 9.5.  I have the Sabrina X’s about 2 ft from the front wall and 3 from each side.  no room treatments.  They are powered by a Pass 250.8, with an ARC REF 6 pre and an MSB Discrete DAC and Premier power base, a REL S/510 and a full loom of Shunyata Alpha V1 cables.  In my small listening room, they sound fantastic and I have no interest in replacing them.

Before you get upgrade-itis for new speakers, I would work with the room first, and maybe consider the Sabrina X’s, since you like your Wilsons, if you must get new speakers.  If you are looking for a new sound, there are a ton of choices in your price range.  Check out the Joseph Audio Perspectives . . . Very easy placement and sound great too.

Just an idea, but have you considered just placing a thicker GIK trap directly behind your speakers, just on the floor, a couple inches from the wall?  Take two from somewhere else and try it.

Leaving a gap between the wall and the trap will allow the trap to better deaden lower frequencies (and actually all frequencies).  This also works with corner traps, btw, which are also an excellent idea.

Another idea is to put a slatted dispersion panel (typically hardwood slats on rubber) on the front wall behind the speakers and also the thicker trap in front of that.  I did this in a literal bomb shelter and it worked wonders.

Thanks moto man, yes even in my room the key to best sound especially tight and taut bass, is side wall distance. Currently I have them at 22 inches. If moved in to 36" they sound superb. Unfortunately my room is not 100% dedicated to music, it also houses a home theater and a pull down screen on the wall behind the speakers which is 106" diagonal and occupies approx 96" linear width. Hence I am a bit constrained on side wall distance and they are where they are.  Anyways I am also leaning more and more towards the X, I think it measures better than the sabrina as per the reviews. 

Cheers,

Sid