Upgrade from Innuos Zen Mini Mkiii to Innuos Pulse

I'm thinking of upgrading my Zen Mini to the Pulse.

Has anyone made the same move/upgrade, and was there a significant improvement. (I have the Innuos LPSU powering the Zen Mini)

I'm using the Sense App; I have used my Zen Mini as a Roon Core on and off, but always find myself going back to the Sense App, despite the various features Roon provides. I just prefer Sense; I don't think there's a lot in it SQ-wise, for me, Sense feels a little more natural.

Anyway, this isn't about Roon 😊, I mention it as i'd obviously be losing the Roon Core option with the Pulse, but it isn't a problem. (Actually, if I don't sell the Zen Mini, I maybe able to use it as Roon Core but connected on my home network away from my system, I think?).

So to the point, I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has made the same move/upgrade mentioned 👍

Thanks guys 😊

128x128painter24

I can't remember,  but does Innuous have a return policy? I have the Zenith MK3 and it's excellent. I'm sure that the Pulse would be a hugh improvement over your Zen.

I can't comment on the upgrade itself as I never owned a Zen Mini but my experience with the Innuos PULSE has been great so far. My best ever sounding streamer. You won't regret it.

I moved up to the Pulse from the Zen mk3 and find it a noticeable improvement in SQ.  I use the Sense app.  You do lose the disc ripper functionality, but it was worth the trade-off to me.  My system is streaming only, so improving the front end is critical.  I had both in my system and was able to AB and the Pulse was a clear winner.  Hope this helps!

@cosmic_charlie Thank you; it really does help.

If the jump from the Zen to Pulse was that good, I can't imagine the jump from Zen mini to be any less an improvement. My system is streaming only also, so yep I agree, getting the front end/streamer as optimal as can be is vital.

Thanks again, much appreciated