Upgrade from an Audio Alchemy DDP 1 + PS 5 power supply?

Have had this DAC for a couple years now with no complaints on sound quality but would like to (perhaps) try something new.  I have no preamp (except the  Audio Alchemy DDP-1) so want a DAC with remote volume control.  I was considering the LKS  MH DA004 when I bought the AA DDP-1 and the new Gustard X26 Pro sounds quite interesting.  My budget will max out around $1500 and I don't mind buying used.  Qualities should include high resolution and a very well defined soundstage.  Something on the brighter side will probably not work well in my system but spot-on neutral is desirable, possibly with a hint of warmth.  Options will be appreciated but, if you could make direct comparisons to the AA DDP-1 vs suggested DAC's, that would be great.  Thank you.

lcherepkai

The T+A 200 looks quite impressive but $7000 is way out of my budget.  If you get one, Patrick, please let me know how it compares to the AA DDP 1.  Thanks

lcherepkai

re The T+A 200 looks quite impressive but $7000 is way out of my budget.  If you get one, Patrick, please let me know how it compares to the AA DDP 1.  Thanks

It is really out of mine too, as I have other things I want to upgrade also. If I could find one used, near-new for $4k...maybe! 

I stretched to $12.5k DAC to get my end game bargain DAC Linn Organik but in an older streamer.