Upgrade Denafrips Terminator 2

Hi Guys,

I started my "DAC Journey" around 3 years ago. Over the time I had an Rasperry Pi 3b with integreated DAC, a Bluesound Node, then a Denafrips Pontus 2 and now a Denafrips Terminator 2. 

I am pretty happy with the T2, but I am looking for the secret Gamechanger in the DAC category.

Sure, the T2 is a great DAC, but there is for todays standard better stuff out there, even for a bit less money I guess.

My next DAC should sound a bit more holographic, more revealing with that warm sound signature. I think the R2R technology is the way to go, but I am open for everything. What I probably love the most about the T2 is that Bass slam. So I am looking forward for that kind of sound.

I read a lot about the very hyped up Holo Audio May. Also other brands like Lampizator, Rockna and LAIV are a names that can not be ignored.

I am a used buyer, so everything up to 5.5k for a used price is okay for me. I just need some suggestions or experiences from you guys.

Maybe someone has an cheaper option as an secret advice from a small company.

Looking forward hearing from you.

braun-hifi

Well Denafrips is popular and Vinshine frankly didn’t do much service. Time for Denafrips to grow and have real US representative.

The current chaos in China does put a bit of a pall on stereo equipment from that country I must admit.

@mikhailark there are many that will disagree with you about the value Vinshine brought.

@jriggy I went through a simple trade in process - Venus to Terminator. Took three months and in the end they told me to send Venus to Singapore. They did not actually have US rep so they were trying to find an open box buyer for me to ship to. So there.

@mikhailark you seem to of taken my comment personally. I am in no way saying anything about you or your experience. I am simply saying that there are many that have had fine experience and help from them, that would disagree with an overall statement such as yours. That’s all. So there. Lol?