UP-OCC solid core copper for speaker cable

After reading about all these expensive cables and their extravagant claims, I decided to source the same wire that goes into many of them.

I have my monoblocs underneath and therefore close to the speakers. I ordered 8 feet of 14awg UP-OCC wire (with PTFE insulation) online. It is quite springy so I clamped it gently to the bench and cut it into 4 equal lengths. Assembling it into 2 x 24" speaker cables took a few minutes. I kept it running in the same direction, just in case. Be careful to gently slice the insulation and not to scar the copper.

Anyway, the improvement in sound quality was of a high order. Large increases in speed and transparency, more air, better definition of instruments, less coloration, backing voices I never noticed before etc. The improvement in musicality was impressive.

I urge folks to try this before spending lots of money on speaker cables. I don't bother with connectors as I feel they are another item in the way but that's your call. The wire was $6 a foot.

Available here:http://www.partsconnexion.com/wire_hookup_neotech_copper_teflon.html

See a photo of my cable here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6iot28p0weuwytn/up-occ.jpg?dl=0
128x128noromance
Post removed 
Post removed 

milimetr,

have you bothered to compare the Sahara or the Amazon that's the reference line? much better than the Nimoi-1220

@havocman your post says it all. Now just go away. Reminds me of another guy @millercarbon.  No one is listening to your crap or your endorsements. 

Lo Life. 

thecarpathian,

maybe you should see his responses to me and why I'm ridiculing him I don't back down from idiots all I was doing was stating facts.

jerryg123,

gee I didn't know you were such a little baby reporting me, I'm not spamming I'm just stating facts, if you can't handle it go to another forum LOL, what a joke you are, go cry in the corner somewhere.

Unfortunately not. Only comparison two single stranded rectangular wires in PTFE insulation (NEMOI-1220) vs. two single strand round wires in PE insulation (NEI-1002). Rectangular wire was warmer sounding but with less top end extension  

If you are familiar with Amazon please let me know some clue about Amazon vs. NEI-1001 and Amazon vs. Sahara. Thank you.