Universal Remotes for hifi components?

Hi all,

I just got an Electrocompaniet ECI-3 integrated amp and an Audio Refinement CD Complete Alpha. Since I have to buy a remote for the AR anyway, I'm wondering if there's something I can buy that would be able to control the CD player and the amp from one device. The answer is probably no, but boy would it be nice...
lousyreeds1
you could always get a learning remote? You shot the IR commands at the learning remote, assign the code to a button, and presto - a learning remote. Home theater maseter, harmony, marantz, philips pronto, etc make some.

http://www.remotecentral.com/
Aroc is right but there in lyes the problem Which one to get. I had a Marantz RC2000MKII for years and loved it so much I bought a second one. I would be using them today if they had more memory. I have the Marantz RC1400 now and it is ok but not as functional as I would like. Look at universalremotes.com for the home theater master series they seem to be the most popular hard button remotes.
I was so pleased with the Sony RM-VL900 that I got for my 2-channel system (it was the only one I found that properly dealt with my McIntosh pre) I ended up getting another 2 for the HT system. My wife and I each have one up there and having the ability to clone one unit onto another has been useful.
Thanks for the advice, guys. I always thought that most commercial universal remotes worked for 99% of normal electronic equipment, but not for esoteric (not the brand) hifi stuff.
I would suggest you look at the harmony Remotes, www.harmonyremote.com

They are easy to use, you set them up on line and they can custom configure it for anything you want. Mine controls my Linn Pre/Pro and Esoteric DV-50 without any problems, it's all hard buttons too which is really nice in the dark, and is far cheaper than the Theater Master. (The Harmony 659 can be had for ~$150)