Universal Players: Video Quality?

I already have my 2 channel front end set up. What I am considering is upgrading my DVD player (old Camelot Tech, quite good by the way) with an universal player. This sits in a different room, home theatre set up Of course sound quality is important yes as I also want to experiment with mutli-channel music (though I am not convinced) but superior video quality is must as I use it for mostly watching DVDs. When I read reviews in audio mags they really don't comment on video quality at all, and when they do they compare it their brethen not the leading say Sony players (which of couse may suffer in audio quality). So in a long round about question, which universal players have superior video while maintaining audio quality? Esoteric vs Linn vs Bel Cant PL-1? Sim Audio?
henryhk
Arcam only does DVD-A not SACD. Thanks Dbld for yur "long" input, very much appreciated I think others do too. Please keep it coming!

I used to used a iScan with an old Pioneer DVD player and video improved: but with my current Camelot (same one used by Bob, it doesn't: the internal scaler in Camelot I think is from iscan. But some Universals should be using Faroudja's DCDI chip so your observations are both helpful and perplexing. For example I expected the Lexicon to do much better..hmmm. I guess you just have to try them one by one even for video.
Ken, I too was disappointed, but like I said, it might have just been some sort of "capatability" issue. I still ended up with the DV-50 though.

Henryhk, I think you might be confusing de-interlacing with scaling. De-interlacing take an interlaced signal (like 480i) and makes it progressive (480p) while scaling will change the resolution (like 480p and change it to 720p).
Do you think SACD has a future or is it going by the wayside. I've only bought a few matrixed audio DVDs, my car has a 7.1 system in it. It's a Bose so it's not good sounding but I like the redention. That's what making me interested in Audio matrix decoding in a new DVD player.
Everyone I speak to in the business (audio/HT retail) says that Sony has abandoned SACD or is about to. Nevertheless, I still buy them because with a good universal I can enjoy them as well as DVD-A and normal CD.