Uber expensive repair at United Radio

Anybody’s experience with United Radio (East Syracuse) as a service center? I will never do business again with these guys. They charged me $1,971 to repair my Classé Audio C-M600 monoblock amp...Forteen hours @$120/hour to replace two 16 pins chipsets...They provided me a discount on their regular hourly rate, which is normally set at $140/hour...
128x128dasign
sorry you had  such an expensive repair but if you have a piece you like it is way better than taking a gamble on buying a piece you might not like 2000 is way better than 10000 or more.
Rich people can afford to pay more than poor people. If you buy a BMW or Mercedes, expect to get ripped off on the service. That’ll be $800 for an oil change, hand over your credit card.

Classé is the same. Upper tier brand, premium price. Expect to get fleeced for the cost of repair because they know you can afford it because after all, you bought it right?

While I agree $2000 is a gut punch, someone who had to get their Denon 8500 AVR probably is paying 25-30% less because of price sensitivity. If they wanted to pay more for the same performance or worse, they woud’ve bought Arcam or Anthem.

Service shops depend on products breaking, no different than your car dealership wanting a piece of the action. This is why electronics these days are built to fail, not in all cases, but in many.
Post removed 
@syndication  Your post seems to imply that you are in favor of ripping people off...so long as they can afford it. Interesting perspective.