Two questions to make you mad.

#1 Why is it that the worlds most sophisticated and accurate machine the (ASML) TWINSCAN NXE:3600D doesn’t use special AC or signal cables to make 3nm semiconductors. Audiophiles need special cables for accuracy?

#2 Why is it that you can always tell when a piano is playing live, or even an electric guitar is playing live 2 houses away directly into an amp through walls and windows?

In the 1960s Electro Voice announced that their speakers could reproduce exactly accurate sounds, many believed them.

We are fooling ourselves, our hobby is full of lies and we can’t even face facts.

128x128donavabdear

When Beethoven wrote his last quartets completely deaf, i doubt that he would have been convinced by this sentence :

Music is not magic it’s talented people making nice pressure waves in the the air and electronically stored in 1s and 0s or waves and magnetic fields.

Sound waves need an ears/brain to be interpreted or created as meaningful sound by the listener... Sound must be LEARNED...

But meaning is suprasensible phenomenon given to a consciousness or created by it , meaning while often perceived through material arrangement is not reducible to material arrangement in any way ...

For example the drawing of an undulated line can be interpreted as a "wave" by a sailor, a vibration by a physicist, or the curve indicating to the Sculptor Michel-Angelo the way to sculpt his Madona folding robe, or it can be a passing cloud in the dream of a poet... It can be anything because it is a symbolic form also not a mere material arrangement in analog or digital form and it is a symbolic form offered to our interpretation as any natural phenomena are ...

Meanings are not only mere facts, nor sensible manifested forms, they are FELT modification of our consciousness...

Then Beethoven wrote with his soul a music which was written by a deaf man to be understood as a soul event , a meaning, and not only heard by the ears in playback or live...

Then our soul was ignited in fire way before Edison... Technology does not ignite our soul , meanings did...

We mastered our tools till yesterday... Never before our tools has been proposed to became our masters before A. I. and our corporate powers domination ...

Technology is useful , nothing more; our freedom and meanings are completely out of the technology domain... It is our creativity and search for meanings and our freedom who stole the fire not A.I. ...

By the way on a pure scientific standpoint, music is not only magic as meanings but may stay magic as a sensible phenomenon for long ; because not only is it a transcendant meaning over and through the sensible wold, but we have not understood yet the psycho-acoustics behind hearing musical and speech sound... We have yet many hearing competing theories in science ...This science as other science investigate an open field not a closed garden yet... The cosmos is a mystery, not yet mere things waiting to be sold or patented as the corporate technocratic power wanted it to be...

I work in Quantum computing… our aim is to profoundly obsolete that printer…. 

people loved music long before Edison…..

@mahgister 

i understand and appreciate your thought. Using consciousness as an unattainable format doesn't help it's not magic whatever it is we know it's not magic because it is  within everyone. I'm being very literal here and I understand that just because the thousands of dollars I've spent on my signal cables in my playback system don't mean that just because those cables measure sometimes worse than regular cables the difference is magic. Take out the waves in sound and you don't have music Beethoven remembered his experience when he could hear and he did use his hands to feel the waves of the music, even if he wouldn't have he still used a mechanical instrument to achieve his goal not a magical one the harpsichord or his experience .

@tomic601 

The day you make your breakthrough and quantum computing for the masses comes in will be the day we do understand acoustics and do develop a format that can hold music properly and someday understand consciousness when we can define it at least. AI needs quantum computing to be effective the big printer is getting down to the size of a molecule and won't be able to jump that hurdle very soon. It's not magic it's a matter of stuffing 10 pounds of information into a 2 pound bag as we try to do now.

I haven't been this mad since my cable supports failed and my speaker wires touched the floor!!!!!    grrrrr :/