TV Recommendations

Posted this at AVS forum, but seems to be below them. Then posted it here without changed the default subject. OOPS.

Looking to set up a movie system....progressive scan dvd and Rear projection wide screen TV. Been into audio for quite awhile, but I don't know jack about video.

Total Budget is $2500 (or less)

For DVD I'm fairly set on the Denon - DVM-2815, seems to have what I want. (coax digital out at least so I can send it to my DAC)

That leaves around $2000 for the TV.

Not interested in HD cable or over air HDTV, so I think that means I don't need certain resolutions and features.

Size: At least 40"

Only other issue is thinner is better, don't need a wall hanger but under 20" deep would be nice.

What should I be looking at?

What would you buy???

Even a link to a site that reviews TVs would be useful. Compared to Audio the video world is nuts (and that says something). Seems to me there are whole new model lines every two months.

Thanks.
nikturner920

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

"Nik":

Can I suggest a Panasonic PT-47WX453??? It is a 47" 16:9 High Definition Ready RPTV. Has DVI as well as component video inputs. And it should be about 18" deep (not real thin, but not terribly bulky either.......... considering the screen size).

Price: $1,400.00 plus shipping at your local Best Buy (be sure to inquire about extended warranties and return (and exchange) privliges just in case things don't go as smoothly as planned).

After your new set arrives, get it calibrated for about $250.00 (could be less than that........ I'm just "guestimating"), and then invest in the newly "Joe Kane" produced "Digital Video Essentials" for about $25.00 and you should be set.

Good Luck shopping for your new set..........

--Charles--