turntable upgrade?

Though I primarily listen to Qobuz, I have enough albums that I still desire to maintain a good analog set up. As I have upgraded the rest of my system, I'm wondering if my longtime Thorens TD 166 mkII and/or Signet TK5e may be overdue.  Would a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Evo be a noticeable improvement, or would I need to go another step up (my budget would be up to around $1000)?  If I replace the cartridge I'm thinking a Naga MP-110 or AT-VM95ML.  I welcome the thoughts from anyone with experience with these. 

128x128xs1137

Showing 5 responses by xs1137

It’s a Lounge LCR MKIII.  (I didn't mention it since it was a recent acquisition, but I suppose it's fair game as well)
Thanks for the input so far!

The Lounge phono stage is very well reviewed for it's price range (under $400), possibly it (and/or the cartridge) is a weaker link than the table?  I would like to get my analog end to sound at least as good as my digital end does.

I considered the Sol, but it is not currently offered for sale and I have read that it may be discontinued due to supply issues.

That looks nice.  Funny how Thorens doesn't usually get mentioned much these days for new turntables.