Turntable/Tonearm Advice

I'm considering one of the following combinations and would appreciate comments from anyone familiar with these. There are no SOTA or OL dealers near me, so I can't listen to any of these (I've never even seen OL gear).

Origin Live Resolution/Origin Live Illustrious MK3
SOTA Sapphire/Origin Live Illustrious MK3
SOTA Sapphire/SME IV.Vi
SOTA Sapphire/SME V

Thanks.
Joe
jlsmith
sota...performance..and resale(just in case)...sme for the same reasons.....that said, in the neighborhood are the threns 160 and sme as well (personal 'new' favorite) even though it 'looks' plain.
Thanks. Resale is not a consideration. I've had the SOTA Comet that I'm using now for 15 years. When I get something, I keep it.
I've got a 20 year old Star Sapphire vacuum table that I love. You can't go wrong with a Sota. They're built like tanks and the imaging on the vacuum tables is terrific.
I've owned three Sota's over the years and if you're gonna do it, get a Star. The vacuum hold down is definitely worth the extra few bucks.

I've also owned the SME V and SME IV.Vi, one each mounted on different Sota Stars and one on a Nottingham Mentor. Sonically, I liked the IV.Vi better than the V but if you're spending enough money for either of the SME's, go with a Tri-Planar instead.

With both SME's, I was always bothered by tracing error; Graham's too. They're a bit plump from the lower midrange on down though certainly warm and forgiving. They lack overall transparency and don't resolve recordings nearly as well as the Tri-Planar.

SME's leave much to be desired when it comes to set-up and adjustments, especially considering their retail price. VTA is a pain in the ass, not precisely repeatable and not to be done on the fly. Azimuth, forget it, not available.

Tri-Planar on the other hand is sonically much more transparent and resolving and I no longer hear tracing distortion. VTA can be done on the fly, VTF is so much more precise and easier to set and dialing in azimuth is a piece of cake.

Plenty has been written on SME vs Tri-Planar and most of what I've read confirms what I'm saying. Of course there are those who will recommend a Graham Phantom but you'll spend quite a bit more, even used, and not get better than the Tri-Planar(different maybe). Then there's the Basis Vector, a good arm sonically but we're back to a pain in the ass to set up and tweek. I know, one of my good bud's has one and he can keep it.

Happy hunting!