Turntable prices. Is my mind going?

Stereophiles Recommended components offerings at $300,000 Plus!  And weights of many hundreds of pounds? Is quality now by the pound? Audiphools exist- just like Saquatch.

ptss

Showing 11 responses by tomic601

@grislybutter …When i get back, we will conduct a listening experiment where YOU can evaluate  the hotrod P3 w RB330 vs The Bardo / Triplaner using same cartridge… i think at retail its about 12;1….. fun… and informed….

Anything else is just fury before sound

Lord, i saw a most delicious 356 in a metallic silver mist green today…. near the coast… Encinitas… just where it belongs…. Tan interior.

Some people here are like a dog on the same tired old bone…. No matter the context… or the problem…they bring the same VERY tired 3 headed hammer to every…nail…

Lew has a pair of one of the most astonishing stereo speakers from an unconventional acoustical genius… Bev as he was known… Magister you might actually learn something new…. and BTW HRTF is…unique to each individual…just like every seat in a good hall…. imagine the factorial… at work….

and yet…. some critics of dreams…. also seem to dream of BAACH boxes….

Our Ferry

who art in Zuffenhausen

Deliver us not unto Tempos

For they are….boring

Gabor…. when you visit, we can walk around in the Condo parking garage it’s a veritable car show for just 15 units…. From 2 Ferari ( see what i did there @mijostyn  ? ) Nobody confuses the several prancing horse with the multitude of “ souless German appliances “…. or… the Willys… ( guilty as charged on 3 counts )…

@noromance has it right… i was extremely disappointed in the recent Tracking Angle write up of some abysmal TT w built in speakers…

@mijostyn You might selectively recall the concept of functional decomposition as a systems engineering process… IF you subject the mightly SOTA Saphire ( yes i owned a few, sold many ), you will ( perhaps ) understand the excess of parts having no significant functionality….

@lewm …. i shall paraphrase and modify … grousing about luxury goods is the hobgoblin of small minds…. because, even the lowly AR is such as @8th-note so deftly points out….

thank ——— that the appreciation of the beauty and emotional connection of much music does NOT seem to require a “ basic understanding “….. of…. anything….