Turntable for life

I know the question has been asked before but it’s worth asking again. Many change equipment frequently, but have you found your turntable for life?  One that you’ve had for years and still pleases you so much you are going to keep it forever? Price is irrelevant--it can be 300 Dollars or 30.000 Dollars 
fabsound
If you can muster $30K maybe another $10G's wouldn't be that big of a stretch.

http://audio-union.com/Helix.php

A knowledgable friend returned from the Rocky Mountain Fest extremely impressed by the Helix 1 but wondered how his Kazuma 4 Point might sound with it. Cartridge and turntable development has progressed a great deal in the recent past and well worth looking into.  

Dchang1981--I owned one of the original Well Tempered turntables for about 3 or 4 years before I got my Basis.  Excellent turntable and an ingenious design.  A good deal lighter in the bass than the Basis, so the tonal balance was on the lighter side, and despite the mass and constrained layer damping it really had to be kept on a well isolated platform, as I occasionally could get some footfalls coming through if a lot of people were dancing..  The new top of the line ones are reputed to be excellent--check the archives, there are a lot of happy owners.  With the original table you could really only use the Well Tempered arm, which might be a drawback if you like to mix and match arms--not sure about the new models, but they are designed around their own arms.

@213cobra 

I'm with you on the Luxman PD444-- mine with brass footers, Stillpoints, and a custom subplinth for mounting a third arm. This one gives the most enjoyment of my four(L07D, SP10 MkII, & modified VPI TNT).  Have you found an aftermarket mat for the PD444 that surpasses the stock rubber mat? 

dchang1981,

I owned an original (square motor) WTTT many years ago.  I was a good basic table but I added a few modifications.  The original platter was replaced with their later (black) version, and I added damping to the arm stand and silicone cup.

But I had two issues.  One, after setting the VTF I could move the arm to its rest, then measure again and find a different reading.  So I was never sure what tracking force I had.  Second, motor torque was not as good as some other tables.  That was particularly noticeable on piano recordings.

I replaced the WT with a Kuzma Stabi/Stogi Reference which provided greater satisfaction.