Tube Rolling Audio Hungary Qualiton X200, Power Tubes. (No Word Salad)

I wanted to write a short review on Tube Rolling (Power Only) in my Qualiton X200 Integrated.
 My initial review of the X200 can be found here https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/audio-hungary-qualiton-x200-integrated
I simply can not express how wonderful an integrated amplifier the X200 is and the wide range of power tubes that can be installed in this unit with varying but wonderful results.

The unit came from the factory with the optional KT120 of the Tung Sol brand. These tubes are the most versatile and can be used with any type of music and work great through out the power band of the X200. They are detailed, have great tonal quality, are never harsh and are a very very solid performer.
So after finding in the owners manual that the X200 can be fitted with the KT170 tubes I decided to give these bad boys a try. I ordered them through Viva Tubes and they arrived in a few days. These are very large and UGLY tubes. Fitment will exclude using the factory tube cage.
After installing I fired the X200 up and checked my bias settings and they were dead nuts on. I fired up the Bel Canto DAC 2.7 and put Radio Paradise on and let these bad boys burn in and ran a few heat cycles through them before sitting down to give the a critical listen.
Initial impression are that the KT170 for as powerful a tube as they are they are very quite. I know some builders belive the KT170 is a "noisy" tube but I did not find that to be the case in the X200. I did find them bright at times with older lower quality recorded material. However this is easily overcome with the X200 excellent EQ Curves that allowed me to adjust the tonal quality in questionable recordings.
Overall I found the KT170 to be a good performer but not my preferred tube. It has great power and if you are listening to loud Rock, Punk, Ska, Classic Rock at high levels this tube will Rock Your Plimsoul. Medium volume the KT170 works well and is detailed and well kind of airy sounding, mid-bass is light but lower registers are there with adjustments on the Sub. Was okay with some Jazz and Classical just not great. Not the tube for low level/volume listening.
KT170 is great if you are going to Rock The Casbah!
Next I aquired a set of 4 JJ KT88 tubes from Viva Tubes. Did the same burn in as I did with the KT170, KT120.
I am just going to say this the KT88 are freaking awesome. The most musical tube of the bunch and works well with all types of music no matter the power/volume levels.
Fantastic sound stage, detail, high, mid bass and low range. Yep every cliche you can think of that reviewers use to show their journalistic and audiophile prowess.

Bottom line the KT120 is a great all around as are the KT88 and the 88s really shine at mid to low level. The KT170's are the rock star lots of power and made to play loud!
https://www.jj-electronic.com/en/kt88
https://www.tungsol.com/html/kt120-tung-sol.html
https://www.vivatubes.com/copy-of-new-tung-sol-kt150-vacuum-tube/

So time to get to my son Jakes 21st Birthday Party!!!!!!
128x128earlflynn
21 years ago my son had his 21st. 

In a few more days my Daughters 21st, 19 years ago..

Enjoy, I sure did.

The valve thing.. 6L6, El34s, and Older GE6500s, I've never herd better..
50 years of burnin' valves now.. 300b, 120s 150s.. BIG sound, just not great sound to me.. KT88s sometimes.. depends what they are in..

Regards
@earlflynn 
I was very tempted to purchase the X200 but wound up with the Octave V70 Class A. Curious about the driver and signal tubes in this unit. What did it come with and what are you presently using?
The Octave came with KT120's and two JJ ECC81's and one ECC83's.
I wound up getting Siemens ECC801's and Telefunken ECC803's.
It was those tubes that made a world of difference for me. Dynamics, Soundstage, Clarity top-bottom microdynamics.
Rene
Came with:

Electro-Harmonix :2 x 6922

Electro-Harmonix Gold: 2 x 12AX7

In the pre. You did okay with the V70 it was on my short list too.
I will be rolling this stage soon @audiosaurusex soon.
@oldhvymec thank you. Have one more to hit that mark.
After my stepson Skypunk died things went down hill but I have 3 great kids to take care of.
Interesting observation on the JJ's. They seem to get mixed reviews, probably because of different amps. I heard good things about the Blue Glass but not heard anything about the  std. Glad to hear it.
Whoa Whoa Whoa, Your step son was Skypunk and he died?
Mercy OP I'm sorry to hear that..  I'm a praying man. I'll add you and yours to the prayer list..

Sometime costing downhill is ok buddy. Just keep it between the curbs and remember 3 kids..  Lemons vs Lemonade. The things we have to learn about, It's never more than we can handle at the time, BUT it can sure seem that way.. Keep looking UP, my friend.. keep looking UP..

Head up, shoulders back, now MARCH.. Gods only a whisper away..

Regards