Tube Research Labs Dude vs. Shindo Labs preamps

I am in the market to look for a tube preamp. I have narrow down my choices to Tube Research Labs Dude and a comparable price Shindo Labs.

Can anybody provide me your experience to help me to make a better decision? Better yet, have anybody compared them side by side before?

Thank!
tthean
Remote is not needed and we agree.

Meant to suggest this thread's iniator contact Paul at TRL.
There are two Dude owners in Dallas. One is Gallant_diva: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1066703453&openmine&zzAgear&4&5#Agear

There is another new Dude owner in Dallas who just replaced his Lamm pre-amp with a Dude.

You could always contact them and swing by for a listen.

I too am a happy Dude owner. When researching pre-amps prior to owning the Dude, two other choices I considered were Allnic and Shindo. I did not hear either but went for the Dude on gut instinct and the rest is history.
I would say whatever you go for make sure you have good power going to it. My system sounded out of balance on shoulder till I added good batteries and power, now I have great soundstage.

I looked at shindo cause it sounds classy and I have a pre in on my amp but i like the basic idea of rolling in with the Dude on my other shoulder.
Rshnicle, is that thing analog (tape) only or does it do digital? How much software can you get in that man purse?

That's quite the babe magnet you got there, lol.