Tube Preamps...I'm sold

At the constant urging of my friend I finally decided to audition a tube preamp (Eistein The Tube). All I can say is I am completely sold on the benefits of tubes in my system. I am not sure I have the vocabulary to describe what I heard but everything just sounded right. Vocals has a realism that made it seem I was in the same room as the musician. Instruments sounded like they were supposed to. There were details I have never heard before. What is amazing to me is that I have what I believe to be a pretty good ss preamp (Classe CP-700).

Ok, now for the hard part...finding the right tube preamp. The Einstein is amazing but I want to audition more. Can anyone suggest a tube pre in the range of $10K and less? I would love to some one with an output trigger and very fine volume control (0.5db). Thats all I need.

Thanks in advance.
128x128tboooe
Ditto on the ARC Ref-3. As to older ARC models, I actually think the later production Ref-1's - with Infinicaps - sound better than the Ref-II's, but IF, and only if, you run them with a really good set of NOS tubes.
do you have any objections to older products, say from the 80's or prior to that ?

if "old" is ok, how about an audio research sp 10, or one of the jadis preamps, conrad johnson pv 5 or conrad johnson premier 3, or mfa luminescence ???
I have used the Sonic frontiers pre-amps, an ARC SP3A , SP10, SP11, sp15, REF1 AND HAVE JUST ORDERED A REF 3 all have been very good but the ARC excell
Post removed 
Hello Tboooe,

BAT has recently released 3 new preamps, the 32se, 52se, and the REX. The 32se being the direct replacement for the 31se and the 52se replacing the previous top of the line BAT tube preamp the 51se. BAT also has come out with REX which is their all out assault on preamp design. The REX is a 2 chassis unit with an all tube external power supply. The user has quite a bit of flexibility with the REX concerning different tube options to tailor it to suit their system and taste. BAT has made an upgrade path for the customer to go from the 52se to the REX.

Here is a little description from Victor Khomenko of BAT: "Well, as the cat is already partially out of the bag (we will probably ship the first ones this month), I think I can mention the base VK-52SE and its top of the line two-chassis REX version. The Rex has vacuum tube rectification, new custom oil caps on both the positive and negative rails of its symmetrical power supply, and comes with the same multiple choice current source option as the 32SE, as well as tube based AC shunt voltage regulators."

Hope this helps,
Tom