Tube Preamp with PS Audio P300

Hi,
I have a PS Audio P300 power conditioner with mult wave and I'm buying a BAT VK 5i preamp.Can I use the power conditioner with a tube preamp? Would mult wave effect the tubes?
Thanks,
Joe
jcb2000
PP-300 may not provide enough start up current for BAT. You might want to check with Victor at BAT or Paul at PS Audio about that. My VK-50SE is powered by a PP-600 with great results. Some MW settings will cause the transformers to buzz. Mine is set at PS-2 and it is dead silent.

If you could stretch your budget a bit I would strongly suggest getting a PP-600 instead. Although a PP-300 is rated at 300W but in reality, you don’t want to push it beyond 200 or it will get very hot – even with the internal fan. And once you try it with a piece of your equipment, you will want to plug in more and very soon a PP-300 will run out of juice. PP-600 is rated at 720W and is more flexible. I have my entire front-ends (5 pieces) plus a 53” RPTV powered by a single PP-600 without any problem. They draw a total of 420W.

BTW, if you are getting the PP-600, make sure you order the new top plate with a vent slot. It helps cool down the unit a lot.
It would be very unlikely that the BAT would draw more current than the 300 is capable of delivering. My Audio Research preamp uses only about 35 watts. My powerplant does not have multi-wave and I use the 60 cycle setting only and have had no noise or tube problems. I prefer the sound with the powerplant versus my power wedge or the wall.
Joe,
What is the power consumption of your BAT pre-amplifer?
The comments written before really surprised me!
I am running through my PS300(with multiwave and fan)an ARC Ref 1 pre-amplifier, a CD player (with isolation transformer) and my Dynalab Tuner. Overall, I am not even consuming 150 watts and the PS 300 is good up to 300 watts. I can also confirm that my system sounds much better through the PS 300.
My VK-50SE does not use much power during normal operation but it requires a lot of current during start up. I was told by BAT that PP-300 cannot handle it. The PP-300 will shut down before the preamp completes its start up cycle. I don't know much about the VK-5i, it might need less power and that was why I suggested to ask BAT and PS Audio.
Im running a Audio Research sp9 tube preamp and its sounds fantastic with the P300...there is so much "black magic" audiophile garbage items around its great to find a "regenerator" that actually perform with such stunning improvements that any neophyte could distinguish.I highly recommend the PS Audio P plants to anyone who wants to hear a stunning improvement over raw power lines....