Tube Amp recommendation for Thiel CS1.6 under $2k

Noticed a lot of tube amps have low wattage ratings and my Thiels say 50-300W.

Have a 24’ x 18’ and looking for a recommendations or thoughts on best integrated or power amp (ideally vintage) to drive them nicely.

uthlidian

I drive my Thiel 1.5s with a Musical Fidelity M6si in a similar size room.  Not tube, but plenty of power. But it goes about 3K.   Never tried the M5si which is about 2K but less power.  Works for me.  YMMV.

I have owned 03A's and CS3.5's.  I once had a lengthy phone conversation with Jim Thiel on what were appropriate amps for his speakers.  He specifically recommended Threshold class A amps.  He stated tube amps were not accurate. Thiel's are hard to drive because of the low impedance.

Jim Thiel was very smart and a true gentleman.

It is nice to be famous for something even it is a silly redundant mistake..

Other than that I enjoy the forum and have learned a lot.

I highly doubt your going to find a tube amp that can drive your speakers and be under your budget. There is not many hi(ish) powered tube amps out there let alone vintage ones below your budget.

Then there is the re-tubing your going to need to do with used tube amps. I say that after buying dozens of used tube amps over the years and almost always you need to re-tube, specially in this budget range. And to get a tube amp with the power you need is not going to be cheap to re-tube. probably half your budget alone. 

If I was you I'd save for a while if your hell bent on tube amps and then consider, optionally is something like the wilsenton amps from China not a bad amp I have owned one.

Second find a quality SS amp and drive it with a tube preamp. hybrid set up would give you the best of both worlds as they say. something like a Schiit Audio Freya+(tube) as a preamp and a used SS amp would be close to your budget. 

@5751 

Great tubes ( especially RCA Blacks from the 50"s ) , I use 3 of them in my phono preamp .

You're not the only person with redundancy issues , every now and then my responses are double sent , it seems to come and go .

What speakers and system equipment do you have now ?