trying to decide between Cary 303/300 and BAT CD

Does anyone have an opinion after hearing these two CD's. I use the Cary V12r and the First Sound Deluxe with Sonus Faber Grand Pianos soon to be Audes orpheus. I love tubes but fear that too much tubes could be muddy. I like the way you can switch to SS with the Cary, but I also hear Bat CD is out of this world. Any opinion?
tedmcq
I chose the Cary 303/300 before I had a chance to audition the BAT VK-D5 and there was some regret as I heard how euphonic, warm, and sweet the BAT was, even though the Cary seems more resolving. I enjoy the older, lush, more Romantic sound of old hi-fi, and the BAT certainly has that. Plus, it demonstrated fine control and extension in the trebles with the massed, choral voices of Renaissance polyphonic music--not an easy thing to do by any means. The Cary, on the other hand, is switchable in sound via its many DACs and SS v. tube outputs. As resolving and versatile as the Cary 303/300 is, however, it's never as warm and lush nor does it exhibit the fine treble extension and separation in massed, high-register voices like the BAT. I may switch to it.
the bat vk d5 was upgraded a while ago. i own one.

i also owned the cary player.

notice, i said owned the cary. i sold the cary because it did not respons to changes in tubes and did not sound like there was a tube in it.

the bat player has the same problem. it sounds like solid state.

in contrast, my audionote cd2 sounds like there is a tube in it. it has a "tube" sound. the other players have a solid state sound.

i made a mistake buying the bat because i did not audition it before buying it.
Does anybody have experience with both the Cary 303/300 and the Bryston BCD-1? I am looking at both and yes, I know there is a price difference but is the extra $$$ worth it?

I would appreciate some advice. I want to upgrade from my old original owned since new HK HD7600 bitstream unit that is near mint. (9/10, finger print shine on power and eject buttons) Thanks, Rick
I owned a Jolida for quite awhile. While I liked it the Cary 308 beat it handsdown. Imagine what a better Cary will do?