TRL 595-how good is it?

I am a digital junky, so I have been thru well over a dozen players in the past 12 months. My favorite is the APL 3910. I just bought the TRL Sony 595 from the Tsunami auction, and will receive next week. Any one here have experience with this machine? I TT Paul from TRL and he said he is still shaking his head from disbelief on how good this puppy sounds. I am impatient, so would love some feedback. I also love the fact it is a 5 disc changer. Could it be a world beater? I have TT a person who sold his Cary 303/200 after burning this puppy in.

Ehquiring minds want to know

Thanks
711smilin

Showing 5 responses by ozzy

Guys what are you comparing this unit to ???

There was a wild statement by one of the posters that he has 8 friends that are selling there modded units for this unit.
I have emailed that poster for more specific details as to which modded units they were compared to, but he would not help me.

So, I understand that all are impressed with this unit and for the modest price I am surly interested.
But, what has it been compared to, other $500 players with $500 modds or what ??? Or $4000 players ??? Or $4000 modded players???
Wow, That is some claim.
If this is true, why would anyone buy TRL $20,000 Player?
I am going to buy one.
Lets be honest, there is no way a $700 modded player will perform as good as a $20,000 + Player.

Thus far all this thread has added is:
1. This is a top secrete mod that no body knows what's inside.
2. Many people will be selling off there modded units but can't disclose who they are(because they dont want to ruin there Used Resale value) or do we know what mods those sellers have.

If this unit is so great for so little money, TRl should make these units full time and they would be flying off the shevles.
Yes, I believe you get what you pay for.
Thanks everyone for the more detailed info on this unit it has truly helped me.
711 . Keep posting your findings . Your opinions are greatly appreciated.
Mainly, because you have actually tried different machines head to head in your system. That info is highly valued and non discrimiating.
Until the TRL owners have compared the APL direct to the TRL in there system there claims of superiority are just words.
Keep up the good work Steve!
Thanks!