Tri planar and shelter 901 and Verdier

Hello

I have to set up my new Tri Planar with my Shelter 901 next week, do you have some advice for me?

I have seen on a notice that there is some silicone furnished with the tonearm, in wich case must I use it ?

If you also have advices to set the Tri planar properly on a Verdier they would be welcome.

André
tenmus

Showing 1 response by pcosta

Hello Dan ed and Tenmus

I had a Triplanar and I did not like the supplied jig provided because it was definately off. With a setup like the Verdier it will allow for correction of errors because it is on the outriger type armboard as apposed to a fixed board.

The Triplanar also allows for some room for error if you buy some 8-24 screws instead of the 10-24 screws that were supplied.
Also if you look at the bottom of you Triplanar it has the big slotted screw holding the plate with the three holes in it. If you loosen that (it is very tight so be careful, use the largest tightest size so it fits snung) it will rotate it you need to move it.
The link below will show you how to get the proper setup without using the gig and you will feel more confident in you setup. All you need is a ruler marked in MM.
http://www.simplyblack.net/WVC/index_wally.html

If you gents need more help I can talk you through it over the phone, it is quite simple if you see the photo's in Wally's setup page.
Just email me.

Paul