Transparent Power Isolator vs RGPC

AGon Comrades,

I'm torn. I'm torn because since adding TA Ref cabling to my system, my system has been transformed. And I'm not going back. I've even decided to swap out all my power cords for TA PCs. On the other handAnd even though I've happily lived with my RGPC 1200C in my system for some time, I wonder if the synergy between all the TA cabling and the TA Power Isolator would improve system performance. I've done as much research as I could about the TA Power Isolator, but there isn't much out there. Has anyone had any experience with these two? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
thesaint519

Showing 20 responses by thesaint519

Thanks Jafant. Could you give me your thoughts on the TA Power Isolator Performance?
Hi Jafant,

My system:
Lamm L2 Ref Preamp
Lamm M1.2 Ref Mono amps
Meitner MA-1 Dac
Meridian Sooloos Ensemble Music Server
Wilson Sasha - Gen I
Transparent Audio Reference XLMM2 ICs - connects the MA-1 & the L2
Transparent Audio Reference ICs - connects the L2 to the M1.2s
Transparent Audio Reference Spkr cable
SRA VR-Series IsoBases under the M1.2s
Hi Jafant,

Thanks for the kind words. It's been some journey thus far, with still a few
miles to go. You said, "I do not know that I would not go w/ TA Opus
cables/cords." Not sure what you mean by this. Pls elaborate. And
yes, I did call TA re: the power isolator family. Based on that convo, I
decided to sell my beloved Richard Gray Power Company 1200C to
finance a Power Isolator, with the ultimate goal of adding a Power Isolator
MM for each Lamm Mono. Tell me about your system.
Jfrech,

I'm excited about adding this upgrade path to the journey. I've been really pleased with TA thus far.
Maybe at some point I could audition the opus line. I keep hearing about the magnum opus line soon to be released to the US market. It's being touted as the SOTA. an't wait to see how it all pans out.
In just a few more days, the system will change yet again. The Richard Gray Power Company 1200C is SOLD. The 2 Analysis Plus Oval 2 Power Cords that fed the Lamm M1.2s are SOLD. The RGPC 1200C is being replaced with a Transparent Audio Power Isolator MM2 (with a Power Isolator 8 & another Power Isolator MM2) and 2 Transparent Audio PowerLink Super Power Cords. CAN'T WAIT!!
Jafant,

I don't have a local TA dealer I use. I wouldn't be able to afford this stuff if I bought retail. :)
CORRECTION:

In just a few more days, the system will change yet again. The Richard Gray Power Company 1200C is SOLD. The 2 Analysis Plus Oval 2 Power Cords that fed the Lamm M1.2s are SOLD. The RGPC 1200C is being replaced with a Transparent Audio Power Isolator MM2 (with a Power Isolator 8 & another Power Isolator MM2 to follow as funds permit) and 2 Transparent Audio PowerLink Super Power Cords. CAN'T WAIT!!
Hi Jafant,

Thanks for checking in on me. I ordered my first TA Power Isolator MM2, and recently took possession of TA PowerLink Super. The Power Isolator MM2 should be here any day.
Jafant,

So far, I've received a TA PowerLink Super (MM1) that I'm using with the
MA-1. Made a pretty nice difference over the stock PC. I have a TA
PowerLink Premium (MM2) on order now. I'll order another and place one
each per mono amp, with the ultimate goal to upgrade them to Ref
PLLMM2s over time. I also recently took receipt of a TA PowerIsolator MM.
I plugged the MA-1 and the Sooloos Ensemble into it. WOW! That made
the greatest difference. Subtle details are no longer subtle. They're there in
their proper balance, but they are no longer hidden in the mix. I expect to
order a PowerIsolator 8 and another PowerIsolator MM. The PowerIsolator
MMs will be mated to their very own mono amp, while the PowerIsolator 8
will take care of the remaining equip. I must say, the PowerIsolator trumps
the H_LL outta the Richard Gray Power Company 1200C it replaced.
Jafant,

My system took a dip in performance. The reason is because when I sold the RGPC 1200C, I replaced it with a Transparent Audio PowerIsolator MM, which only has 2 outlets. And even though the Dac & the Music Server have jumped in performance, the soundstage collapsed a bit & became less than stellar. Why? It collapsed a bit because I also sold the Analysis Plus Power Oval 2s, too. So I'm using stock power cords for my amps. Blah... I ordered one TA Premium PowerLink, and expect to pick up 2 more. That way, I can change the amp's and preamp's power cords at the same time. Also looking to upgrade some of my cabling to TA Ref XLs. Big changes coming really soon.
The second PowerIsolator MM arrived. I've paired them with their very own mono
amp, and I've got them nestled behind each speaker. I also just purchased a
PowerIsolator 8. All power conditioning is complete. Over time I'll upgrade the
power cables. But for now, I'm done. Whew!!
Thanks Jafant. The PI8 should be arriving shortly, along with the re-calibrated Transparent Audio Ref XLMM2 ICs and spkr cable. And I'll be ordering an SRA Scuttle 3 tomorrow. So, big changes really soon.
Just added the Transparent Audio Power Isolator 8 to the system. And although I haven't gotten to listen at length, my initial impression is quite favorable. I'll update you all soon.
With the addition of a complete suite of TA PowerLink Premium Power Cords, 2 TA PowerIsolator MMs & a TA PowerIsolator 8, the soundstage has cleared up quite a bit, the sweet-spot widened quite a bit & the music is being presented in a far more natural fashion. I love what my system has become as a result of the TA additions.
Just ordered 4 more TA PowerLink Premium Power Cords. That'll round out the system with all TA Power Cords. Can't wait. The SRA Scuttle 3 was ordered 2 weeks ago & my TA Ref XL MM2 were all sent to TA for re-calibration for all the new equipment.
Installed all the TA PowerLink Power Cords into the system. SO glad I did. Stellar performance. I won't have to worry about power cords for the foreseeable future. Wow!!