Totem Forest Speakers.....

Hello,
I recently purchased a pair of Totem Forest speakers. Now, I know these are capable of sounding very musical, clear, w/ a great imaging, and sound stage . I have about 70 hrs of listening and I am not getting them to sound the way they should. They are in a square 12 x 12 room and is not filling up the room w/ music and sounds a flat.

System is Krell 400xi.
Yamaha cd player.
Kimber Kable 8TC

Any totem owners out there that can help me figure out what is wrong? Any info is desperately needed!!

Thanks,
Matt
matt00
odd.
Place them facing straight ahead (no toe-in) and your ears should be close to the height of the tweeters. I know you know this, but just in case.

This may not help much but my forests went from good to great when I leveled them: the tweeters were slightly pointing down because the floor is not perfectly leveled. Put a couple of steel discs below the feet, problem solved.

Check the placement posts, they may help.
you should describe exactly how you have the room arranged so folks can give more considered guidance. In other words, how far apart are the speakers? How far out from the wall do you have them placed? Where is your seating position?

Also, you should expect 400+ hours of break-in, though they should sound pretty damned good before that point, and indeed out of the box.
The speakers are about 6ft apart and 1 ft from the wall. So far this distance sounds the best. Totem recommends 100 to 150 hrs of brake in, but has it really taken that long for other Forest owners?