Toshiba TX 2500 Vintage Receiver question

I just acquired this receiver and it works great, however there is no relay click when i turn it on. Is this normal for this model ?
thank you
rocky1313
Are you hearing a thump through your speakers at turn on ? My understanding is, the majority of Japanese built, as well as Taiwan, Singapore and China built receivers, used speaker output relays, the relay you are not hearing. I would not worry about it, but to be safe, I would keep the volume control down for 15 seconds or so upon turn on. I have come across many units in my years in which the relays stopped working, however, it is worse when the relay did not " open up ", which resulted in zero output ( no sound ). Not worth a repair, imo, if you are getting output. Enjoy ! MrD.
i think you mean SA-2500 from Toshiba.

the TX-2500 is from onkyo. 40 watts per channel and has an output relay, IIRC.

the SA-2500 from Toshiba is 25 watts per channel and may not have an output relay, with such low wattages. Not all that uncommon.

eg, the NAD 3020 has no output relay, same as many others in the 25 and sub 25 watt per per channel range.
@teo_audio......Thank you, as you are correct about the model numbers, and correct, about units without relays at the output stage, which is why I indicated the " majority ", and not " all ". Always, and Enjoy ! MrD.