TOP TEN solid state amps of all time?

Audigon members really responded well the the Top Ten Tuners of All Time. Literally a wealth of information for all of us.Plus the civility of members was outstanding. We can disagree but still share our opinions. Lets keep this discussion the same.Also lets keep the price new or used at 10K or less. To start this thread I vote for the Threshold 400a Class a amp.Cant remember the new price but used is $400.00 to $600.00 average. I my opinion one of the best amps ever made. In the class A/B amps vote for CM LABS,one of the first true mil spec amps produced. Doubt if many of you remember CM Labs though.
ferrari

Showing 1 response by 1953

The Reference Line Silver Signature is a rare animal on the used market. Seen occasionnaly lurking on these pages under the cover of obscurity. It is large (95 lbs), hot (biased ALL the way into class A to rated output even into 4 ohms), has heat sinks that could be used instead of razor wire around prisons, and is drop dead beautiful (for an amp anyway). Dual mono, with two on/off switches and two power cords with the best, most open and accessable back panel in the industry. It is an older cousin to the Sierra amps. I've had the big guns from Krell, Threshold, Rowland, Classe and others, but I keep coming back to this guy for use on my Apogee ribbons. It is simply the most believable amp I've heard with the least amount of artifacts and bass like you read about. Reference Line is now owned by Scott Nixon (see the manufacturers section)who is still producing the product. If you can find one (they are rare), pounce on it!