Top resale value speakers

When you consider buying a new pair of speakers, the sound, outlook and review of the speakers are important, but resale value of speaker is also a important thing to consider before your purchase. Some of the speakers resell value drop so deeply, but some don't. Can you suggest some high resale value speaker company? As far as I know, B&W have a pretty strong resale value compare with their brand, such as Dynaudio, Proac or JMLabs.
audiorichard
Whoa there fellas,

You need to reread the posting. He is referring to new speakers not classics. I know Quad ESL-57's demand a high price. But as mentioned the thread was discussing current production speakers.

S7horton,

Maggies are great speakers, but you must admit there are wild fluctuations on their prices. Right now on Agon there are 4 pair of 1.6QR's there is a pair for 900 and a couple for 1200 and I belive a pair for 1400.00. MSRP is 1800.00 I belive. So where does that put the Mean? Throw out the lowest and the highest and you are at 1200.00. At that price they are hardly being snapped up.
I have owned 2 pairs 1.6 RQ and 3 pairs of 3.6R, Magnepan speakers, over the last 8 years and have never lost any money on them. These speakers hold their value fairly well. I took them in as trade at the market price and always able to sell them when I am ready. For example, I sold all 3 pairs of 3.6 R for $3200.00 ( trade-in ~ 2.8K-3.2K) If you have the room for them and like the maggies sounds, they will sell.
I second the B&W Nautilus and Diamond series Speakers. Even after 7-years, used B&W Nautilus Speakers are sell fast usually within a week at more than 50% of their original retail value. When you consider that Krell and JM Lab/Focal Speakers can be bought new at near 50% discounts this is a pretty amazing statistic.
I agree with S7horton! I thought Maggie 1.6's held value very well. Also, Maggie has strict rules and a great respect for their retail dealers...and they don't play pricing games...neither Maggie nor their dealers...at least when I bought this model when first introduced.