To Sell or Keep?

I'm awaiting delivery of a Don Sachs Model 2 preamp, which should arrive tomorrow; it will be replacing my BAT VK-3i, which I have had for about 15 years. Here's my dilemma ... if I really dig the DS, should I sell the BAT or keep it? On the one hand, BAT equipment has become pretty expensive (new and used), so I likely won't be able to get back into it if I choose to do so later on. On the other hand, if the DS preamp is really as awesome as claimed, then the BAT likely will be placed in storage. What would you do if you were in my position? Thanks for your help.
rlb61
At some point, I may consider a second system and can fit the BAT into that one. Also, I want to spend a good deal of time with the DS to ensure that I'm not listening currently with rose colored ears.
@rlb61, thanks for the update, please keep us posted on the developments.
Agree with your well reasoned approach to keep the BAT for awhile. I have let go of many pieces replacing with improvements and didn't look back. A few items like original, one off Dan D'Agostino satellite/sub speakers from the 1970's I keep out off pure nostalgia. My 1980's Thiels best them, but the D'Agostino's aren't too far off the mark. 

I too look forward to updates. Enjoy the music!
Admittedly, I am a hoarder of audio gear, specifically power amps. I recently sold the majority of my collection, mainly because : I would likely not use it; it was no longer gaining monetary value; I was able to emotionally let it go; I was not willing to invest in upkeep / rebuild; I was made an offer I could not refuse; I needed to emotionally detach myself from the piece ( oh, I mentioned that already, lol ). In my 50 years of involvement with high end audio, I do have half a dozen regrets of selling a piece, which is a small % of the amount of gear that has passed through my doors. I have 3 complete systems set up throughout the house ( had 4 until recently ); still have enough gear to set up another system, or 2. I only listen to my main system. Moral of this story....do not become a hoarder. It is a sickness.