TNT Hot Rod vs SL-1200G

Thinking of buying this used TNT Hot Rod: Sale description
Fantastic condition reference level VPI TNT table with upgrades. Currently has solid elephant feet in lieu of the finicky air bladder ones that came with the table. Essentially a TNT V HR specification with upgraded stand alone flywheel and motor assemblies. The arm is a JMW 12 and currently has a rare vintage Klipsch MCZ cartridge mounted (included at asking price). If buyer is interested I can sell the and the custom equipment stand shown which has a large top to accommodate this table. Has several other accessories that come with it for setup not shown as well as a VPI PLC.
It seems like a good deal for 3500 compared to the new technics at 4000.
Any guidance appreciated.
 Thanks,
Jim
jetson
I'm sure both would be great tables, so it may come down to what's important to you.  Before buying the 1200G I was weighing choices from VPI as well.  I have a friend with an older TNT rim drive setup and it is quite good.

I've just retired and I didn't want any more fiddling with belts, worrying about speed control, or wondering if feeble hands would be an issue some day with a unipivot arm.  I couldn't be happier with the Technics.  It's my last table and I am certain I won't have to worry about any maintenance, ever.  The sound is also everything I had hoped for. 
I am sure that this TT is a bargain at this price. Like jsm71, I don't want to fiddle with a lot of stuff anymore. I bought a SL1200G and had it modded with a Triplanar Classic SE tonearm.

The stock Technics and tonearm are very hard to beat. The Triplanar brought it to a new level. You can get the 1200G and enjoy with no more fiddling and speed control at a level that the Hot Rod TNT will have a hard time matching. You can enjoy and upgrade the tonearm years later. IMO the Hot Rod needs a mechanic to keep it in tune; just like any Hot Rod
 That TT is a pretty good deal, however you would have to ditch the PLC and get an SDS right off the hop. But once you get those set up there's really not much fiddling to be done. I have an older model TNT and they are a very good table.   I converted mine to string drive and felt there was definitely an improvement.But yes between those two tables I would probably go for the TNT hot rod. But ultimately I imagine they would both be great tables