Tired of HT

Okay, here's my situation. I've grown tired of the home theater surround sound deal. I have a Rotel amp, Rotel pre pro, paradigm speakers (20 v.3 fronts, cc470 center, atom rears, pdr10 sub, audioquest, Wadia i170, Cambridge DACmagic, etc. For me, it's about 80-90% music and 10-20% movies. My real love is the music. Where do I do from here? I would like a recommendation on a new amp, pre pro, and speakers. My budget is reasonable, but not necessarily cheap if you know what I mean. Thanks
bob99or
What goal with the sound are you looking for;such as the magic of tubes or that solid bass that solid state is known for although tubes can do it also;maybe you might want to try tubes or a hybrid power amp.
I was using an HT Receiver for Movies and 2 Channel duties a couple of years ago. Like the original poster I listen to music much more frequently than I listen to music and I do not have the space for two separate systems.

The first decision you need to make is with the Left and Right Main Speakers for 2 channel. Many speakers are fine for HT but many will not cut it for quality 2 channel listening. If you like your current speakers great, if not you are in for a journey finding speakers you really like.

The efficiency of your speakers (L&R) will dictate the amount of power you need to properly drive them. I have mono bloc amps for my L&R Mains. I am using a tube preamp with HT Bypass and a Modified Transporter as a dedicated music source. A Denon AVR is used for HT duty to power the center channel and rear speakers. When I watch a movie I flip the switch on the Preamp to HT Bypass and the signal for the Left and Right Main Speakers are passed from the AVR through the preamp to the amps driving the L&R Mains. For me it is the best of both worlds.
I really appreciate the responses here! In most ways, they confirmed what I evetually came to think about home theater systems. Now believe me, I'm no audio snob but it's clear, that two systems are really necessary. A HT system in the living room for the family, and another two channel in a seperate music room. I appreciate the comments, I look forward to starting on the 2 channel system. Thanks again!
If you have the room(s) and the cash...go for it. It's a luxury to have both
Luxury???

Having two systems sounds more like a PITA to me! Wasting real estate and having two complete systems to tweak?? I'll stick with my system as it is, one that does BOTH 2 channel and HT extremely well.