Tidal - why only remastered versions?

I am frustrated that when I listen via Tidal that only the remastered version of a cd can be found. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a copyright issue?  I often find the remaster to be worse than the original - particularly as digital gets better. 

Thanks. 
marklindemann

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

Hey Mark
  I don’t mean to derail your thread but I am curious as to why you prefer original masterings.  I primarily listen to Classical and usually the remasters are far superior to the originals (which in the fifties through mid seventies were primarily mastered to be played on AM Radio), but pop is a different kettle of fish.  
Low rider—another frequently recorded Conductor that was a control freak was George Szell.  Most of his recordings sound great in digital because the remastering engineers undid all the dial tweaks that Szell forced upon the original engineers.  The best case in point is his Schumann Symphony cycle.  The vinyl is unlistenable, IMO.
  Bernstein’s Columbia recordings sound so much better in digital.  His Mahler Seventh sounds like it was recorded in a broom closet on the original plan.