Threshold Stasis S/150

I am considering purchasing the S/150 to drive the Vandersteen 2ci. Do you think the S/150 is enough to drive the 2ci? What I have heard is that the first 30 watts is in Class A mode. Thanks 

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

Showing 3 responses by audioman58

With your system I think a parasound a23+ would be a big upgrade 

perrotta consulting you can get a good deal and free shipping 

I bought one for my 2nd audio system and just put a synergistic purple fuse on back  it sounds very respectable after 200 hours runin..

First make sure it was rebuilt ,this amp was built probably30  years ago and especially capacitors , dry out over time and detail and dynamics sonics lost .

ask for a build sheet rebuild, ask for pictures to see the inside .

Without That just pass how much are they asking  ?

It’s your $$ May point was have old capacitors in it you are inviting disaster 

it’s like having 25 year old tires on your car, the dielectric and cap inside is falling apart ,especially going back 20 + years capacitor technologies was not that great.

I have been into Audio for over 40 years and have tech friends  we have literally cut capacitors apart , unless you plan on having it upgraded when you buy it then 

not such a good deal and bunches of other parts internally are on their way out 

it’s like buying a older car with 150k on the mileage , and with audio one bad part can take out several with it , been. There done that . Much better off buying new 

you didnot mention. How much $$ you were spending .it will cost you minimum of $1500 to rebuild this amp