Those rare albums that are great on first listen.

You know the ones. They blow your mind and make you glad you're an audiophile.

Share your favorites.

For me it’s usually some style or vibe I haven’t heard before. My list so far is around 20, but I’ll keep it to my top 5. Feel free to share as many as you like.

!. Poe ‘Haunted’
2. Spirit “Twelve dreams of Dr. Sardonicus’
3. Midlake ‘The Trials of Van Occupanther’
4.Tori Amos ‘Little Earthquakes’
5. Skindive  ‘Skindive’

128x1281111art

Some may not like the album itself for various reasons (political, band feuds, etc) but Pink Floyd’s last album The Final Cut is awesome to listen to with all the extra background sounds. The audio engineering is excellent. 

Cream/Fresh Cream ,Santana/First Album,Doors/First Album,Somewhere in Time /Soundtrack Lp, Queen/A Night at the Opera. 

King Crimson - "In the Court of the Crimson King"

Jethro Tull - "Thick as a Brick"

Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue"

Eberhard Weber - "The Colours of Chloë"

Pink Floyd - "Dark Side of the Moon"

There are many, many more but I also limited myself to five.  I was late to the party in discovering Miles Davis and picked up "Kind of Blue" in a record store due to the partial review on a sticker on the record.  Not having heard any Miles I took it home and played it having my mind blown.  I think I played it every day for at least a month!  "The Colours of Chloë" I heard on the radio.  I heard one amazing track and thought "I have to find out what that record is".  Then they played a different piece of music and I thought the same thing.  I wondered when they were going to tell me what they were playing.  Two more amazing pieces of music followed and then they finally gave out the play list - all four were from the same album!  You can be sure I went out and bought it immediately.

Even me who is a bit picky concur with your choices...😊

King Crimson - "In the Court of the Crimson King"

Jethro Tull - "Thick as a Brick"

Miles Davis - "Kind of Blue"

Eberhard Weber - "The Colours of Chloë"

Pink Floyd - "Dark Side of the Moon"

I could also add 

Faces Long Player

Rod Stewart Gasoline Alley

Pete Townsend Ronnie Lane Rough Mix