Think twice before concluding some thing sounds better

Often anything good that is merely different seems better.    So many aspects of sound, things to listen for. Takes time to really know what parts are better and what might actually be worse in a complementary sense 
128x128mapman

Showing 1 response by mac48025

Great thread. The pursuit of achieving that "perfect" sound system can be both frustrating and rewarding. The audio forums can be both confusing and enlightening. Too much information, opinions and reviews boggle my over active brain!  I can't tell you how many times I've thought I've obtained my audio nirvana only to have my focus change and I'm off chasing new components. What I've recently discovered, and many here have alluded to, is that I'm enjoying my music/ sound system so much more when I actually relax and enjoy what I'm hearing instead of overthinking every aspect of my system. I am going to sit pat and enjoy what I have for a while rather than chasing my audio tail. 

Another vote for plasma and OLED. I had a Pioneer Elite Pro700 rear projector that I loved back in the day and switched to a Panasonic plasma 6 years ago and love it. A bigger OLED will be next.