Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
128x128jafant

Hi everyone, I am curious about the differences between CS5 and CS5i. I couldn't find the info online so I thought I'd ask here. CS5 are rare on the market and CS5i even more so. Thanks in advance!

devinplombier

Welcome! Good to see you here today. We have a few fans/owners of model CS5/CS5i loudspeakers here on The Panel. Stay tuned until one of our experts chimes in to address your query.

Happy Listening!

devinplombier

Think of it like the CS 7 to CS 7.2 conversion. Same cabinet but drivers upgraded and vital cover parts. In the CS5i the bass drivers were upgraded.

The CS5i is the way to go. With the right amps and room it would take a considerable amount os scratch to better them. After the future upgrades that will be offered that will be even harder to accomplish. 

They go lower than any sealed cabinet speaker on the market still I believe. I have two pair in walnut and rosewood and they hit like a hammer in the bass.

This is my personal favorite Thiel speaker. I'm tweaking the room for them to perform at an even higher level. 

Again monster amps to clear the throat from these beasts. The front baffle is incredible. Never have I seen one like this before. 

I have better sources, I like the video I think it adds to the experience.  My trusty Cambridge 840s are still doing great as monoblocks.  Benchmark DAC 2 is good enough for me.  Bryston BP26 preamp is also good enough for me.  I just want to be able to enjoy the music.  This system is great for me.