Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

^I too have often (perhaps too often) gone on record record here on my strong preference for sealed boxes, not only for bass output, but for overall coherence as well.

Signal cables do make a huge difference from one brand to another with Thiel speakers at least in my experience with my 3.7s.

I have gone from Gryphon VIP IC and SC to Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC.

The difference is night and day, Clear Beyond cables are in a league of it's own.

The synergy with my 3.7s is mind blowing, never heard such level of weight and clarity in the bass region before.

Musicality is second to none, same with depth, soundstage, air, texture and so on.

Best cables i've ever heard to date by a wide margin and i can even say best component upgrade i've ever done in my life.

😭😭

I killed my amp yesterday😭😭

It is actually my own fault. I readjusted my room and put the amp underneath something else. This may have seriously impeded airflow, the unit was red hot when it failed.. 

So now I have to listen to music on my phone through a desktop speaker system.. at least it's something.. 

Happy listening y'all 😉

thieliste

Good to read that the newer Cardas offerings are a sonic match for CS 3.7 loudspeakers. I am on-the-record reporting that Cables do make a difference.

Happy Listening!

Guys i have a question regarding amp power to max out Thiel speakers.

Is it better to have 300W A/B stereo doubling down to 2 ohms with 136 000 microfarads of capacitance or 55W pure class A Monoblocks doubling down to 2 ohms with 880 000 microfarads of capacitance ?

Thanks.

Â