Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Good stuff guys. Thanks for chiming in.

sdecker- instead of tilting the speakers, have you tried raising them altogether by a couple of inches so you can also maintain time/phase coherency? Or is there another disadvantage to doing it this way? Just curious..

I also find it interesting that you both toe in and you keep your speakers positioned equidistant in the corners. I prefer not to toe in mine, as I find it takes away from the width of the soundstage, but that’s just my personal preference. I also always heard that you shouldn’t place your speakers at the same distances to the side and back walls, but always questioned whether this was truly required when considering speaker placement.
dhoff01: raising the speakers 2" on the spikes, if they could go up that high, would be precarious and less-stable.  Not that sound travels this way, but putting a laser pointer atop the speaker and raising the front spikes 1" up moves the laser pointer up 8" at my 9' listening distance.  I'm doing this to manage a taller vertical listening window w/o suckout, even though I'm sure it takes a very small hit in overall coherency.  The tiny amount of potential phase shift from this is still far better than every non-time-aligned speaker out there!

Regarding the positioning, a lot of it is a function of living room WAF symmetry.  But the walls to the side and rear are so far away from the speaker boundaries, I can't believe they play a role at these distances, especially because none of them are 'true' walls in my open floor plan.

If my toe-in was any less, it wouldn't be visible.  It was from putzing with speaker width apart vs soundstage breadth vs HF balance.  If I went from <10 deg toe-in to zero, the effect would be minimal for sure.  But after 15 years of tweaking these speakers to this acoustic, I can now notice ridiculously small changes.  So rather than obsess about it, I take the time to find a reasonable compromise and let them sit in that position for years :-)
sdecker - I was thinking more in terms of a butcher block or something similar to help raise the height, but I hear what you're saying.  

I'm also lucky in that I have my own dedicated room above the garage, but I still have to make it aesthetically pleasing for the missus.  Not that I'm complaining, of course..  
In case anyone is interested, The Music Room has just listed another    pair of CS 2.2s.   Asking $1299 plus freight.   Listed condition as 8 of 10.

https://tmraudio.com/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/thiel-cs2-2-floorstanding-speakers-cs-2-2-amberwood-pair/