Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
jafant, 

I've been pseudo-quarantined since last June, only foraying out to go for medical appointments.
With only one good eye, there's no depth perception, and a serious fall last year destroyed the vestibular balance.  No depth perception plus no balance equals an accident waiting to happen. 

I get groceries delivered to the home, and my Health Care woman stores them away and helps me do the cooking. 

My 27" iMac is my window on the world. 

But thankfully, it could have been a heck of a lot worse.

brayeagle
One good thing about staying home/indoors- more time to enjoy the Music!
Happy Listening!
The B speaker has the same cables, but one cable is ++ and the other is --. Those cables are separated by more than 12" in configuration B, and they are taped side-by side in configuration C.
My configuration is not so defined. The ++ and - - (2.5 m lengths) are speaker width apart as they leave the 2.4 binding posts, close to about 2” apart for maybe 60% of their length, then touch and cross each other about a foot out from the amp binding posts. I could increase that 2” gap but would have to get creative to avoid the constriction near the amp.

Listened more tonight and played some of my reference tracks. Yeah, they sound better than I remember. Open, clear, dimensional, sure, but the character that grabs me is the ultra-relaxed presentation. Unstrained is another word I think captures the sound. Just great sound!

But I’m not ready to declare this configuration as better. I had my DAC upgraded in December and there are reports that this version needs many hundreds of hours to fully break in. So, it’s possible I haven’t played these reference tracks since my DAC fully settled in. I’ll probably switch back to standard configuration by the end of the weekend and listen again a few days later. 
After that, I’ll open the cabinets and untwist all the hookup wire. 
OK, probably not that. 
I really do wish that Thiel speakers are bi-wire from the factory. Having to drill holes on the cabinet to accommodate an extra pair of connectors is not for the faint of heart.