Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel,

I don't have direct experience with Straight Wire's current products, but I did have a very helpful conversation with Jerry Willsie at Straight Wire about using Thiel speakers with my PS Audio amps and pre-amp.  Jerry seemed very knowledgeable about which wire to use with Thiels, and he didn't try to push more expensive wire on me if I was happy with my current Straight Wire speaker cables. I agree with you that Straight Wire doesn't seem to get a lot of attention as a high-end wire company these days, but there's so much cable competition that it may be hard to stand out. The sales rep I worked with at the Cable Company did tell me that they sell a lot of Straight Wire products, so Straight Wire may still be considered a solid value in the crazy world of wire.
Sdl-4 - I think it is considered a solid value and they also sell into the pro market. Harmon among others use their products.

Tom- I’ve been using Strait Wire Serenade speaker cables in my system since before I had Thiels. I actually first used them with a pair of Meadowlark Kestrels. When I got my 3.5s I noticed how much larger and more dynamic they were over the smaller Meadowlarks but still retained a certain familiarity and naturalness to my ears. I attribute this in part to both manufacturers design philosophy of time & phase alignment. Later when I acquired my 3.7s and to this day I continue to listen through my SW Serenade speaker cables. I like the fact that these cables have been with me so long and have always allowed me to hear the sometimes subtle differences when making changes to my system. It makes perfect sense now that I know the history between Thiel and SW, that these speaker cables have been such a synergistic match with my Thiels.
Cheers!

**peeks in.**

**decides to stay out of thread until cable  discussion is over ;-)**
arniespin
Good to see you again. Thank You for confirming that StraightWire is a sonic match w/ Thiel loudspeakers.

Happy Listening!