Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Prof if you go to Strata-Gee.com and go to the Thiel closing article at the bottom of the comments section you'll read who bought the Thiel Sub Integrator.
Prof,
'I had a $999 sniping bid in, set to hit 4 sec before the auction of the SI1 sub integrator ended.  I don't like bidding early and bidding prices up.
i called and asked Rob about it.  He suggested that the px02 and px05, with the correct chips which they're running out of, match the Sub introduction perfectly to where Thiel's start to drop off (around 38 hz for the 2.4 and 2.7 as the woofers are the same).
Rob said Jim Thiel built and sold only a few hundred integrators at most, and some have come back for repairs that can't be done.  Some failures are obvious as in lights not matching settings and some must be listened for.  Since I have the px02 configured by Rob for my 2.4s I decided to pass.  If I were trying to match non-Thiels to the smartsub, I'd have taken the chance.
another thing to know about the SS1 and 2 is that Thiel has no replacement amplifiers.  A year ago they were going to develop a new sub with a compatible amp but that didn't happen.
if I had to start from scratch, I might look at REL.  Are we going to have to start a Go Fund Me to keep Rob and the service department open?  He's only 55 so could provide many of us service as long as we need.

Bob
PS, Prof,
did you note on EBay that someone was selling the coax driver for the 2.7/3.7 because they had to replace one under warranty and the color of the surround or something had changed.  That individual bought an extra so they would match.
Of course, if you leave your grills on it won't much matter.
Prof,

Thanks for the pricing info.  I think your timing is spot on given the not-so-pleasant (yet not surprising) news.

I've struggled for years about going down the path of adding some kind of DSP, but I just can't wrap my head around digitizing my analog setup, even if its just a small part of it.  Would be interested in hearing your impressions if you decide to take the jump.

Cheers,

David