Thiel 7.2's with Electrocompaniet AW-220's?

Anyone try the 7.2's with these monoblocks? I'm wondering how the combo sounds. Enough power?
hstokar
I haven't tried this combination but I've had both the Thiel and Electrocompaniet separately.

I think the "sweet" sound of the EC would nicely tame the aggressive tweeters of the Thiel. Unfortunately, I don't think these amps would have enough power to drive the Thiel the way they should be driven.

I would look for powerful tube amps (e.g., a pair of BAT) or a powerful SS amp with a very smooth top end. With the right amps, the Thiel sound absolutely wonderful. With the wrong amps, the Thiel will drill holes through your ear.

Good luck
A fellow Audiogoner has had trouble in the past with an EC amp and less demanding Thiels. Electrocompaniet amps may be thermally limited from actually providing the specs they quote. There really doesn't appear to be enough sinking or fans to actually produce their claimed class A power into the loads they suggest for any extended period of time. I believe EC has gone bankrupt. EC's previous distributor has caught a lot of flack here on Audiogon. EC's reputation for reliability has been less than sterling. Too bad, pretty nice sounding gear, when they work.