The Weavers

The Weavers Reunion at Carnegie Hall.......Who actually listens to this crap? I am not talking about the sound quality, I am talking about the music itself. I own one of the approved audiophile pressings and I just don't get it.
128x128stereo5
Thanks Marty and Ghosthouse. Yes the Mamas and Papas are cool harmonies. Thanks again
Kinda like Belafonte at Carnegie Hall and Belafonte Returns to Carnegie Hall. Not everyone's taste, but, Jesus Christ, what sound!
I'm glad I wasn't born too late for the folk music of the '50s and 60's. It's genuine Americana. Bob Dylan started out as a "purist" folk guy and went on to influence so many others in pop, rock, country, etc., as did Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie. (The Byrds come to mind, and so do the Eagles and Grateful Dead). I still play some early New Christy's, Dylan, etc., every so often. Would have missed a big chunk of American musical history if I stuck my head in the sand or was too stuck in other musical genres to be open minded. Cheers from Colorado.
Marty - your post made me dig it out...listening to John Stewart's "Bombs Away Dream Babies". Gold is the 1st track. Vocals w/Stevie Nicks & guitar w/Lindsey Buckingham. 1979 RSO vinyl...pretty good recording. A bit of irony, I guess - the cover photo shows JS playing an electric Gibson. Haven't listened to this in years and years - bought it for "Gold" but other tracks are pretty strong too. Ciao.
Ghost,

Ah, the impact of the hard drive. In auto, listening room, and Sonos distributed music system, "Bombs Away" has been in monthly (or more often) rotation since I rediscovered it many years ago. However, due to the ripped nature of the source (in all listening spaces), I haven't seen a jacket/jewel box in 40 years - hence the blanking on the title.

Great songs, though - Gold, Lost Her In The Sun, Midnight Wind, Spinnin' of the World, Comin' Out of Nowhere, et al.

I understand that The Kingston Trio was a huge influence on Buckingham (who - to my ear - is, in many respects, a banjo player working a guitar), hence his participation in this project.

Marty