The problem with streaming

As I sit here listening to America Includes: "A Horse With No Name", I realized the problem with streaming. Who knows what source material you're getting with streaming? The album I'm listening to is a Warners Brothers green label. Sonics are absolutely incredible! The band sounds like they're in the room! 

Navigating the pressings to find the best one can be challenging but that's part of the fun of the hobby. I doubt the same care is taken when generating streaming recordings. You're stuck with what they use, thus missing the incredible texture of the best recordings.

Of course, great care must be taken to set up the turntable and match all components downstream. I find the effort to be well worth it! There's just no substitute for great analog!

128x128vuch

Showing 3 responses by jerryg123

I know I have a a decent stream set up in my Bel Canto DAV 2,7 and BC e Stream as well as Simaudio and DCS gear in my house but I prefer vinyl for serious meditative listening.

Just my preference and It sounds way better through my system as do CD’s

Digging through used records and searching dis cogs is part of the fun, the hunt, looking for that rare find and the personal satisfaction of owning that piece of music. Something you will never get with streaming.

Your choice do not tell me that there is something wrong with my system. Works great! Listening to WFMT, Chicago on Roon right now, quite lovely and Radio Paradise is nice too.

Bottom line is enjoy the music.

MQA is crap. Hi Res and dsd for me.

Bottom line is enjoy the music who cares if you stream or listen to an old AM radio.

My Dad is tougher than your Dad, oh wait my Dad.......

@big_greg I agree Vinyl and CD are my first choice and as I listen streaming Myslivecek Violin Concerto in C. I smile thinking my streamer and DAC are wonderful too.

Cheers.

I have a pretty nice vinyl setup and a lot of times it’s magic but there are just as many times when the streaming (which is also "set up well") is equally amazing