The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa
Point taken, teo_audio.
As it stands, my stereo can beat up their stereo.
Henceforth, I'm outta here. 
I have always heard psychedelic drugs were supposed to have the effect upon the user oft described as a freeing of the mind, or expansion of the mind. Kind of the opposite reaction I observe in our dead head friends, gdhal and jitter. Perhaps the optimism surrounding psychedelics as regards mind expansion should be tempered with a little cold hard reality such as can be found in the pages of Huxley’s epic, The Doors of Perception including his essay, Heaven and Hell.

Made the scene
Week to week
Day to day
Hour to hour
The gate is straight
Deep and wide
Break on through to the other side
Break on through to the other side
Break on through
Break on through
Break on through
Break on through
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

“Turn on, tune in, drop dead.” - Alfred. E. Newman

🤡
I wonder if anybody buying expensive fuses understands that electrons have no memory of where they have been not to mention that the power is filtered to negative and positive DC to send to the rails. A good conductor has free electrons on the outer shell of the atom that jump from atom to atom and will always take the path of least resistance, they do not care what material so long as there are enough atoms with a given amount of free electrons to pass enough total electrons at any given time to meet the demand. Individual electrons do this at (>100000m/s) regardless of what type of foil or metal the free electrons came from and that does not change in any conductor. The fuse will either conduct enough current to satisfy the load without blowing or it will not in the case of the fuse being undersized.

To think it does anything whatsoever to influence the sound in any way is delusional and demonstrates complete lack of understanding how electricity works. If the equipment has a component malfunction that causes excessive current draw, the fuse had better blow or it’s too big for the application.

Being an audio enthusiast since I was young and having been an avionics tech for 32 years including formal electronics training, I really get disappointed when people substitute mysticism for lack of knowledge. Most do not even know how an amplifier works and do not realize that none of the electrons coming from their audio source ever reach the speakers. To oversimplify, an amplifier takes wall current filtered to negative and positive DC and shapes a facsimile of the input signal as closely and accurately as it is capable of doing and sends the facsimile from wall current to the speakers.

I will say that if someone was to sneak into these people’s homes and replace their blue fuses with a piece of coat-hanger, they would never know the difference until they change to purple fuses or red or whatever when they come out and see the coat-hanger material or something malfunctions in the component and it burns up due to lack of protection. The human mind is very good at convincing people they hear things because they have invested. Some people see parasites in their stools that are not really there because they are so certain they are there yet the perplexed relatives, doctors and lab technicians are shaking their heads at this.

Finally, has anyone even dissected these wonder fuses? What is wrong with your system that you think fuses will correct?
^^^
  • Most do not even know how an amplifier works and do not realize that none of the electrons coming from their audio source ever reach the speakers. 

Are upgraded PC’s and IC’s audible? How about upgraded caps? Any news about upgraded wall outlets, power conditioners and vibration control items?

Frank
Re electron velocity in copper wire:

Although the drift velocity in a wire is small, the thermal velocity of the electrons tends to be quite large. Something of the order of 100,000 meters/sec. So they are buzzing about at random at high speeds, with a small superimposed drift velocity caused by the electric field.

Electric current is essentially a measure of how many charge carriers you can move through a given cross-section of conductor in a given amount of time. This will depend on the size of the cross section, the number of charge carriers, and their velocity. A current of 1 A corresponds to a transfer of 1 Coulomb of charge per second. An electron carries 1.6*10-19C so you need to move 6.3*10^18 electrons/sec. Divide by the density of electrons in a copper wire (about 8.45*10^22 electrons/cm^3) and the cross section of the wire (for AWG 18 this is pi*(1.02mm/2)^2 or 0.008 cm^2) and you get 0.0093 cm/s.

Summary - the net velocity of electrons in copper wire is extremely small. Recall the electrons are not (rpt not) the signal. They are the charge carrier. The signal is an electromagnetic wave the velocity of which is near lightspeed. The electromagnetic wave moves near lightspeed because the wave is comprised of photons, not electrons.

- Your friend and humble scribe